Serious and focussed when it comes to writing...





      Throughout my teaching years, I’ve been implementing  group work in my classes. I’ve tried all types of Group work!  This method is more effective in motivating students, encouraging active learning, and in developing critical thinking skills as well as decision-making skills.  My aim has always been COMMUNICATION. I prefer the groups of three students. This ensures more participation, better results in the final product, and less noise (though it’s a working noise).  By the way, many administrators don’t like it. So, I usually warn them about the time when my class might have more commotion or extra sounds, especially when the students disagree and use Arabic in a loud voice.  All in all, group work enables the students to move from receiving knowledge to generating   knowledge.  This is another way to ‘digest’ information in class and lead to language acquisition. What about you? Are you in favor of group work? What are your problems? Let’s share.


 


      

2 comments:

  1. I think that group work is extremely helpful when it comes to acquiring different language skills.The students of grade 7 seem to enjoy it and benefit at the same time!!! Great work Miss Tamara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Group work does not just happen.Pupils will need to be equibbed with the skills that will enable them to work well in group.
    For groups to function effectively the necessary resources should be available,easily accessible and well distributed.

    ReplyDelete